Samsung may be king of the Android smartphone jungle, but LG is definitely a contender for the throne. The LG G3Â was quite an impressive device when it debuted in 2014, featuring a 5.5-inch QHD display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 805, 3GB of RAM and a laser focus camera. If you purchased the LG G3, chances are that you picked one up from your favorite service provider to take advantage of their incredibly low prices for the phone. Unfortunately, most LG G3s sold by carriersÂ come with locked SIM slots that preventÂ the phone from working on other GSM networks. This isn’t an issue if you plan on staying with your service provider, but you will need a SIM unlock code for your LG G3 if you want to avoid outrageous roaming charges whileÂ traveling internationally or if you decide to switch operators.
If your phone is completely paid off orÂ if you are out of contract, most service providers will give you a free SIM unlock code for your phone. Everyone else will need to purchase a SIM unlock code from a third-party service like Android SIM Unlock. Fortunately, most SIM unlock services can provide unlock codes for an LG smartphone for aroundÂ $15 in less than 30 minutes. Whichever route you end up taking, you can use the step-by-step instructions below to SIM unlock your LG G3.
Find yourÂ LG G3 IMEI number
- Open the dialer on your LG G3
- Enter *#06# and the IMEI number of your LG G3 will appear on screen
- Write down the IMEI number for quick reference
SIM Unlock your LG G3
Option 1: Request your LG G3 SIM unlock code from your service provider
- Call your service providerÂ and request theÂ SIM unlock code for yourÂ LG G3
- Provide theÂ IMEI number to the customer service rep to process the unlock code request
- Your LG G3 SIM unlock code will arrive in 1-3 days
Option 2: Buy your LG G3 SIM unlock code
- Go to Android SIM Unlock (or any other third-party SIM unlock service)
- Choose the appropriate SIM unlock tool for yourÂ LG G3 model
- Enter your LG G3′sÂ IMEI number, email and payment details
- Android SIM Unlock will email you the SIM unlock for for your phone inÂ less than 30 minutes
Enter you LG G3 SIM Unlock code
- Go to dial screen and press 2945#*model number#
(example: if your phone is an LG G3 D850, then enter 2954#*850#)
- LG G3 (AT&T D850), enter 2945#*850#
- LG G3 (T-Mobile D851), enter 2945#*851#
- LG G3 (D853), enter 2945#*853#
- LG G3 (D854), enter 2945#*854#
- LG G3 (D855), enter 2945#*855#
- LG G3 (D856), enter 2945#*856#
- LG G3 (D857), enter 2945#*857#
- LG G3 (D858), enter 2945#*858#
- LG G3 (D859), enter 2945#*859#
- LG G3 (F400K), enter 2945#*400#
- Select â€œNetwork Lockâ€ or â€œService Provider lockâ€
- Enter the unlock code.
- Click Done > Click Unlock
Congratulations, your LG G3 is now SIM unlocked and can be used on any compatible GSM network around the globe! If you happen to have any other tip or tricks for unlocking the LG G3, please leave them in the comments below.