If you own an HTC phone running BlinkFeed, you may have noticed a handful of ads creep their way into your BlinkFeed timeline. HTC is testingÂ promotional content in BlinkFeed in the US, UK, Germany, Taiwan, and China, and it will likely roll out the ads to other markets in the coming months. While ads are a huge part of the internet,Â that doesn’t mean you need to put up with them in the stock software on a phone that you paid for. It’s just not right!
While we’re hoping HTC will decideÂ to kill ads in BlinkFeed, the company does give you the option to turn them off if you don’t want them junking up your timeline. Watch the video or followÂ the steps below and BlinkFeed will be ad-free in less than 20 seconds.
- Swipe left-to-right to display BlinkFeed from your home screen
- TapÂ the hamburger menu in the top left corner to open the side panel
- TapÂ the three dots to display the BlinkFeed menu
- TapÂ Settings > Manage ads
- TapÂ “Turn off internet-based ads”