In the new world opened by smart phones or smartphones is still a pending issue . We all know and most of them have ever experienced, that the battery discharges faster than we would like, and sometimes let our Android out of gas early. As the batteries have become the major concern of users of Android phones, and no one has a clear idea of how it should look, today we present a compendium of tricks that will help you take care of your batteries and break much myths regarding these.
The batteries that take our current phones are lithium ion , and have certain advantages and disadvantages compared to the older nickel, cadmium and lead. Talk about advantages such as reduced weight and size, less charge dissipation, this greater capacity or, most importantly, eliminating the memory effect. On the contrary, have a limited life time and number of charge cycles, experience with temperature variations and are much more expensive to manufacture.
Urban Legends on lithium ion batteries
We have always used methods and tricks that supposedly make our batteries last longer or have more capacity. Sometimes “Grandma tricks” that neither improve nor worsen the capacity of the batteries, although other times inherited claims of the nickel that are totally detrimental to the new lithium ion.
All we heard ever misstatements as to charge the battery for more than 12 hours before turning our new phones it was imperative for the battery would last long. It was also necessary to download the phone completely before you can load it again. Even thought we unplug the phone during charging finalize without it was harmful.
Characteristics of lithium ion batteries. Tips for care.
- No need to charge the battery for a long time neither the first nor the subsequent cycle. The batteries are usually ready to be used from the outset, and in fact, gain ability to use during the first few weeks, reaching a peak and then begin to lose efficiency.
- It is recommended that the load cycles the battery are not homogeneous . That is, it is advisable to plug the battery with different values â€‹â€‹of preload, never ever leave completely discharge or charge it whenever we left 25%.
- No need to stop charging the battery fully before unplugging fact is irrelevant.
- No memory effect , no need to completely unload in any case it is in fact detrimental to the life of the battery. Should never get 5% capacity as a general recommendation.
- When going to be a long time without use, should be stored with a capacity of about 40% to avoid damaging its carrying capacity. This is the reason that when we buy a new mobile always include battery with just under half load.
- Is completely inappropriate and harmful to maintain full charge for an extended period. As a general recommendation, should be unplugged when they reach 100% load.
- Are very sensitive to temperature variations , especially at high temperatures. Therefore, the phone never be used plugged once the load has reached 100%, since the battery will always try to maintain the maximum load and this will make you hot, hopelessly losing capacity. This is theusual practice most widespread and most spoiled our batteries .
- Attention should be paid to the characteristics of the shippers we use. As a general rule we always use the specified charger for mobile phone. Still, we can use other chargers puttingspecial care that the values â€‹â€‹of voltage and current output of the charger are adequate. Using the wrong battery charger could cause the battery to overheat, losing efficiency and even going to explode at excessively high temperatures.
How to calibrate our battery?
As we use our cell battery it will lose efficiency in nature. We will see then a few simple steps that will help us regain maximum payload of that has our battery:
- Use our device until the battery completely runs out, if hibernates, suspended or off emergency lights again until completely drain the battery.
- Leave the device off when the battery for between 5 and 7 hours. Better the longer.
- Without turning on the device charger and battery charges fully connected.
- Fully charged and leave the device plugged for about 2 hours, from full charge signal.
- Unplug and ready, our battery will be calibrated at maximum capacity.
We know more about our lithium ion batteries. Now in our power to take care to make them last as long as possible, although we know that with the new smartphones, the battery is a precious commodity . All these simple precautions apply to any lithium ion battery, either a laptop, a smartphone, or any other gadget.